Okay so i need to admit something. I have a major problem. MAJOR. Well maybe its not a problem but its definitely an addiction. A good addiction though. itunes has become my best friend again. I am so thankful that i have someone in my life who supports my passions and "good addictions" so to say. I have bought so many amazing albums recently.
After a good 9 months of being musically dry and uninspired in all aspects of my life, i have finally come back. Music was my everything. Finding a new artist was like winning the lottery. Writing it, singing it, playing it, listening it... ahhhh so amazing. Then this year, i have no idea what happened. Everything just felt numb. I wasn't connecting to music like I did before. It was so frustrating.
I couldn't push it though. Everyone goes through seasons where they have dry spots but it felt so wrong. Ever since i was a toddler, music was important. Why was my passion leaving me now? Well, all i can say is its back. I don't know or where it came from but it hit me hard. I have a feeling its because summer hit and i actually have time to think, process, learn (in a different way), and be inspired now.
I believe that people who are truly inspired by music don't categorize themselves to a genre. Somedays i feel like listening to alternative. The next day, pop. I have playlists that are filled with numerous genres, but it doesn't even matter. The only thing that matters is that the music i listen to is real. I love music that the artist composes themselves. I don't think i could ever sing someone else's song, thats not real to me. Enough with the ramble, here's the albums that are going to be my addictions for this summer, more will always be added though. :)
Ellipse- Imogen Heap
Can't Be Tamed- Miley Cyrus
Albertine- Brooke Fraser
Sigh No More- Mumford and Sons
and, ALL of Angus and Julia Stone... they are amazing.
P.S. The reason i like whole albums instead of just a few songs is because with only a couple songs, you can't get a feel for the artists inspiration. I feel like i'm cheating out the artist. An artist puts all the songs in a certain order for a reason and i feel like i need to respect that.
L
No comments:
Post a Comment